Ľubica Zajacová Záborská studied guitar at the conservatory in Žilina.
After graduating, she began studying musicology at the Faculty of Arts of Comenius University in Bratislava, where she focused on the penetration of traditional folk music into the current culture. In addition to the university, she completed a 6-year graduation course at the conservatory, her graduate thesis topic being “Astor Piazzolla and tango argentino”. She defended her doctoral studies with her work called Slovenská scéna world music, which was published in books in 2009.
She is currently a member of the World music from Slovakia (Womusk) platform and a PR manager of the World music festival Bratislava and the World music festival Hudba sveta Žilina.
She regularly participates in “networking activities” within the world music community around the world, so that she can convey the values of folklore and world music from Slovakia. In 2018, she participated in the Womex music fair, which took place in Las Palmas in the Canary Islands.
She told us what impressed her the most:
“World music Expo was 4 days of intensive meetings with interesting people from all over the world. We contacted the directors of several festivals and introduced them to Slovak bands that might be of interest to them. We also informed them about the activities of the Womusk platform during the conference part of the fair. There was a lot of great music at the concerts that took place every night on several stages. As always, it was the greatest celebration of quality music from around the world! ”
We wish you a pleasant listening.
Róbert Gregor (photo: Ľubica Zajacová Záborská archive, translation: Zoe Prívozníková)
- Joni Mitchell – Both Sides Now (5,30)
- Norah Jones – Come Away Eith Me (3, 19)
- Madeleine Peyroux – Don’t Wait Too Long (3, 04)
- Zuzana Navarová, KOA – Andelská (5, 23)
- Katarína Máliková – Pustvopol (3, 19)
- Zuzana Mojžišová – Ulijana (5,10)
- Astor Piazzolla – Verano Porteno (6,37)
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo – Nomathemba (4,13)
- Gaiteiros de Lisboa – Triângulo Mângulo (4,12)
- Milton Nascimento & Beto Guedes – Fé Cega, Faca Amolada (4,38)
- Gil Gilberto – A Novidade (5, 02)
- Salif Keita & Cesaria Evora – Yamore (4,14)
- Monoswezi – Ndinewe and Xitimela (6,06)
- Medial Banana – Medial Banana – Give Thanks ft. Deadly Hunta (4,33)
- Jamiroquai – Corner of the Earth (3,50)
- Hang Massive – Once Again (6,07)
- Banda – Paše (3,10)
- Banda – Šmerc (2,34)
- Balkansambel – Šlamastika (4,36)
- Maija Kauhanen – Pinnalla (5,52)
- Värttinä – Äijö (2013) (4,37´)
- Paco de Lucía & Al Di Meola – Mediterranean Sundance (9,53)
- El Amir – Minera (6,30)
- Aurora – Anda Jaleo‘ (5,20´)
- Kalàscima – Meridionale (feat. Puccia) (4,06)
- Adam Ben Ezra TRIO – Can’t Stop Running (5,15)
- Kevin Seddiki a Bijan Chemirani – Shumansko (6,21)
Listen to the program here: