Jeroen Siebens has been working in the music industry for over 25 years. Starting out behind the bar of a local venue near Antwerp, Belgium, he soon discovered his passion for putting on small concerts.
Jeroen also got involved in the organization of the local summer festival Hovelive which he saw evolving into one of the coziest end-of-summer reggae/world/indie festivals around at that time.
Later Jeroer deejaying on the side at some legendary parties.
One night he was approached by a music editor at Belgium’s national Radio 1 with the offer of joining the station as a freelance music selector. That story ended abruptly when most freelancers were replaced by …a computer software…
In the early 2000’s he moved to Vienna and started his own artist management & booking agency, only to finally returning to one of his first loves: radio. Only this time from an other perspective. Jeroen founded European Radio Plugging back in 2015 and has been working hard to bring new music from a wide variety of artists to the coolest radio stations in Europe.
Jeroen’s hobbies include skiing, reading historical novels, hanging out with friends, and going to concerts.
Jeroen has selected music from some of the artists and bands he is currently collaborating with in his playlist, and has added several older favorite songs.
NMR (photo: archive Jeroen Siebens)
- Rah Band – Clouds Across The Moon
- Heaven 17 – Let Me Go
- Ween – Freedom of ’76
- Indigo Girls – Closer To Fine
- The Style Council – Walls Come Tumbling Down
- My Ugly Clementine – Who
- Teenage Fanclub – The Concept
- Postcards – Fossilized
- Pavement – Range Life
- Gin Ga – Golden Boy
- A Tribe Called Quest – Can I Kick I
- The Roots – You Got Me
- Prince & The Revolution – Pop Life
- New Radicals – You Get What You Give
- The Specials – A Message To You Rudy
- M.I.A. – Paper Planes
- Massive Attack – Teardrop
- Linton Kwesi Johnson – Street 66
- Bob Marley – Mr. Brown
- Kate Bush – Army Dreamers
- Sioen – Cruisin‘
- Deus – Instant Street
- Throwing Muses – Bright Yellow Gun
- Pixies – Velouria
- The Primitives – Crash
- Harry Nilsson – Everybody’s Talking
- Vampire Weekend – This Life
- Wilco – Jesus, Etc.
- Bjork – It’s Oh So Quiet
- Lee Scratch Perry – Mr. Brown in Town
- Jo Lemaire & Flouze – Je Suis Venue Te Dire Que Je m’En Vais
Listen to the program: